MediaCoder: Extract Audio Directly from Youtube

I've been collecting videos related to renowned classical Pachelbel's masterpiece, Canon (its chord progression is so perfect, so beautiful regardless of renditions played on many musical instruments), since almost a year ago. Lately I've been stuffing my phone with mp3 but hardly find Canon renditions in mp3 format. I managed to grab a Canon song in Ares, so I thought there must a way to extract the audio from Youtube video and I finally found Media Coder.


I'm sure there are several more softwares out there that can perform the same task but I will give them shots at other time. First you need to download MediaCoder

[via. The file is relatively large (19MB), of course, since it can carry out a lot other stuffs. Ok, once you get everything set up;


Transcoding Steps


1. Copy Youtube video URL of your choice and paste it in the Media coder popup ( Add button > Add URL).

2. On the lower left of the interface are the different transcoding parameters. Click on the Audio tab and select the encoder format (i.e MP3 file). Click the Video tab and uncheck the box ‘Enable Video’.

3. Click the Start button to begin converting your file an it should only take a few minutes or so (depending on your internet connection).

4. You may want to set the output directory to a more convenient place prior the transcoding otherwise you need to find the transcoded audio in "temp" folder.



Download MediaCoder


0 Comments: